This two-day conference is an opportunity to hear about the AHRC funded 32 month research project focused on the history of the British Antique Trade in the 20th century, and a celebration and thank you to the many participants in the project.
The conference includes:
- Academic papers from the project team
- Talks from well-known figures from the world of antiques and high-profile antique dealers
- An ‘In Conversation’ session with a selection of the oral history interviewees involved in the project
- Facilitated discussion group sessions based around issues that include the history of the antique trade
In addition to the presentations, talks and discussion groups:
- Expert-led guided tours around our venue, Temple Newsam House
- Specialist sessions on antique dealer archives
- Museum object sessions as part of behind-the-scenes tours
The conference fees include all sessions, tours, etc and lunch on both days, together with an evening wine reception with music accompaniment from the historical musical instruments at Temple Newsam House. We do hope that you can join us for what we hope will prove to be a fascinating and lively two-day event.
Enquiries: email@example.com or 0113 343 9430