The ‘Year of the Dealer’ project involves the creation of a series of 7 individual museum interpretation trails which will direct attention to the significance of the role that the antique trade has played in the development of collections in public museums. The trails will focus on a curated selection of up to 20 key objects that entered the collections at each participating museum via the antique trade in the 19th & 20th centuries.
The Trails will take place at:
- The Victoria & Albert Museum, London
- National Museums, Scotland, Edinburgh
- The Bowes Museum, Barnard Castle
- Temple Newsam, Leeds
- The Lady Lever Art Gallery, Liverpool
- The Ashmolean Museum, Oxford
- Preston Park Museum, Stockton
The trails will be mulit-media productions, with film clips, interactive web-based material and audio clips. We are planning to launch the trails in March 2022.